HP OFficejet 3830 Fax Setup From 123.hp.com
HP officejet 3830 fax or a telecopy is the transmission of a scanned document through a telephone line to the phone number associated with the officejet 3830 printer. The document to be sent is scanned and converted to its digital form. In this digital form, the information is transmitted as electrical signals through the telephone lines. At the receiving end these signals are reconverted and printed. The HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, has a fax feature that scans the document to be faxed and sends it via a telephone connection to another hp officejet 3830 fax enabled machine. Faxing is more secure than email as it uses a dedicated landline instead of an Internet connection.
HP Officejet 3830 Fax Setup
HP OJ3830 Requirements:
Before you set up your 123 hp setup 3830 printer for fax make sure of the following:
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the HP printer’s adapter.
- Setting up
- The method you use to set up fax on your hp officejet 3830 install printer, depends on the equipment and services you have on your phone. The following steps show how to set up fax using a voice line and a telephone answering machine.
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your hp 3830 printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machine phone cord to the port 2-EXT. Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the 123.hp.com/3830 printer.
- Make sure to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the hp officejet 3830 driver printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.