HP Officejet 3830 Scan to computer
HP Officejet 3830 Scan is a process where a Digital copy of a Document, be it a letter, receipt or a form, is made, to be stored in the computer for future paperless reference. The hp Officejet 3830 has a 35 sheet paper capacity, Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and a flat-bed scanner. In a flat-bed scanner, the documents to be scanned are placed on a flat surface and are properly aligned on the scanner glass
HP OfficeJet 3830’s scanner settings can be changed according to your requirement from the printer control panel, or the officejet 3830 software installed on your computer
To Change Scanner Settings from Software:
- Find the name of your hp 3830 scan to computer printer and open the HP software
- Click the option HP Officejet 3830 Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the shortcut for scanning on the left of your scan dialogue box
- Select the preferences of your scan from this dialogue box. Some examples of preferences are listed below:
- Select Required Page Size: Letter, legal, 10×15 cm (4×6 inch) or custom
- Select the Color Mode: Color, black and white or grayscale
- Select the destination for your document: Local or email
- Resolution: 200 dpi, 300 dpi or 1200 dpi.
- OCR Language
- Destination: you could choose a specific default scan destination
When you save settings in theHP Officejet 3830 Scan software, the settings are automatically transferred to the 123 hp setup 3830 printer control panel, provided the computer is connected to the officejet 3830 scan printer.
Tips for proper copy and scan:
The following tips help you to copy and HP Officejet 3830 Scan successfully
- the scanner glass and the back of the lid should be always kept clean as the scanner might take the dust or dirt particle, to be a part of the image.
- To avoid incorrect or missing scanned text; make sure the brightness is set appropriately in the software.
- the scan must start from the officejet 3830 printer software for the scan properties like resolution, size or the file type to be adjusted.
- the original should be loaded, print side down and on the right hand corner of the scanner glass.
- The resizing of the original document could be done only on the scanning software, where the scan of the original image is resized. This resized image can be printed if needed.
- To scan several pages of a document into a single file the process should start at the printer software, rather than at the printer control panel display.